Monday, October 25, 2010

Angelic Guidance... time to quit!

It's been on my mind for awhile now, flitting around between my conscious thoughts, my dreams, and my subconscious. It keeps getting bumped to the foreground, and I keep bumping it back into that "I'll deal with it later" section of my brain.... Quitting Smoking.
I keep getting the Two of Swords in my readings. I got it again last night. When I was looking at it last night, I realized something. I have always seen the blindfold on the woman as a hindrance... an obstacle. She is obviously balancing on the edge of making a choice, poised for action.... but how can one make a choice when they can't see their options? It finally struck me last night; the blindfold is a tool. She has blocked her eyes so that she must focus inward; she needs to look inward. The choice that needs to be made has to do with the battle within herself, in her own mind and spirit... the blindfold is helping her keep herself focused on the inner conflict until it is resolved.
Once I felt this and saw this; the first thing that came to mind was "I need to quit smoking". Uh-oh.... deep breath... am I really gonna go there again? The concept of quitting smoking fills me with dread, memories of past failed attempts, feelings of inadequacy. But, the thought and desire has been here for quite some time, but I have just been putting it off. I don't know how many times I have told myself, "I'll quit next week", or "I'll quit tomorrow". But looking at that Two of Swords, I suddenly knew; this needs to happen now.
First thing I did was go to my Spirit Sisters... a group of wonderful online friends who I know will listen to me and support me. I told them I want to quit smoking and I told them of my plan to start by cutting back. I am going to start by just becoming aware of my triggers so I can avoid them. I'll post more on that later.
The second thing I did was give myself an Oracle Card reading. I hadn't used my Archangel cards in awhile, but I felt drawn to them. I just wanted to see what advice the Angels have to help me in this decision.

My Oracle Card Reading
10-24-10
using the deck; "Archangel Oracle Cards" by Doreen Virtue Ph.D.
3 card spread - Mind, Body, Spirit
As I shuffled, I asked the cards, "Which Angels are here to help me quit smoking, and what advice do they have for me?"

Card 1; Mind (The Angel's advice for my Mind)
Archangel Uriel; Brilliant Idea! "Yes, your idea is Divinely guided.... please take action to bring your idea to fruition."
....okay, if I needed any additional confirmation that I need to quit smoking, there it is. Uriel is telling me that I'm on the right track!

Card 2; Body (The Angel's advice for my Body)
Archangel Raphael; Breathe. "Take several deep breaths, and exhale slowly to awaken your energy and to release old patterns."
....once again... major confirmation. Not only are breathing exercises going to help me quit smoking, but this card is about releasing old patterns. Wow, I love these Angel cards!

Card 3; Spirit (The Angel's advice for my Spirit)
Archangel Metatron; Chakra Clearing. "Call upon me to clear and open your chakras, using sacred geometric shapes."

..... Chakra clearing and meditation are going to be key in this journey... I will have to balance and heal the rifts in my chakras that have been created by years of addiction to nicotine. But knowing I have Metatron's attention and help is very comforting!

I was looking at these cards that I had drawn, but I didn't feel like the reading was over yet. I had only planned on drawing three cards, but I just had a strong feeling to draw three more. So I did. I placed one additional card on top of the 3 that I had already drawn;

Card 1.2; Mind
Archangel Uriel; You Know What To Do. "Trust your inner knowledge, and act upon it without delay."
Uriel again! And in the same card position as the first time, Confirming again that I am on the right track, but also confirming that I CAN do this if I follow my heart... I know what to do, and as long as I follow through with each step I will be fine. I will have to remember to call upon Uriel when I am doubting myself....

Card 2.2; Body
Archangel Raphael; Healthy Lifestyle "Eat a healthful diet, get adequate sleep, and exercise regularly for optimal health."
Yep, Raphael again!! And in the same card position, again!! This deck contains 45 cards with 12 different Archangels... what are the odds?? And this specific card... well, as if I needed more confirmation at his point... but this is about my health. Not only is quitting smoking for my health, but drinking plenty of water, eating right, exercising and sleeping well are things that are going to help me quit smoking. I think maybe I did need additional confirmation... at this point I can't turn away from these incredibly clear messages!

Card 3.2; Spirit
Archangel Jophiel; Outdoors "Go outside, get some fresh air, and connect with nature to relive stress and gain new, creative ideas."
Jophiel often comes to me to inspire me and remind me to get back to basics. In this reading, here she is again, reminding me that Nature and being outdoors is a great healing energy and that I should take many opportunities to be outside while I quit smoking. She also reminded me that I will be able to enjoy my time outside more often once I'm not holding a cigarette every time I step outdoors :)

No comments:

Post a Comment