It's been a long week. It feels like it should be the weekend already! maybe it's because of the record-breaking heat we are having here in Phoenix, or maybe it's that I'm finally settling into some kind of routine and every day does not seem as rushed. Whatever the reason, I'm tired and it's only Thursday! I was thinking about this week's Mommy Time Monday post with the 8 of Wands and how we should focus on what ways we are improving our lives and what steps we are taking to move forward, and thought I needed to review my accomplishments of the week. So I decided to participate in this week's Thursday 13 and make a list...
here it is,
13 things I've accomplished this week
1) I got a lot of laundry done! It's been one of those "I'm tired of this huge pile of laundry" weeks, so I've been banging out a few loads a day. My back has been hurting because of the folding, but at least we all have enough clean socks and underwear!
2) The kids started having homework this week. They didn't have homework for the first week and a half of school. So we have succesfully implemented an after school homework routine and so for it's working out great and we haven't had any tears or arguements involving homework!
3) I finally got my coupon binder organized. I threw away all the expired coupons and placed my good coupons in an organized manner so they are easy to find. Because of this I managed to save about $40 on my grocery shopping this week!
4) I've worked on spending real quality time with the kids each day, other than just doing their homework with them. We have played board games, cooked meals together, eaten at the kitchen table together for dinner, and read more books. For some reason before I always felt like I didn't have enough time or energy to do this on a daily basis, but now that I'm doing it I wonder how I ever felt that way before! (Inspired by the book I read, read my review here)
5) I've got a menu planned out for dinner for the next 5 nights! No headaches about "what's for dinner?" It's all planned out and I shopped accordingly!
6) I introduced my oldest daughter to the cartoon, "Invader Zim". I used to love that cartoon and now it's something she and I can enjoy together if we find episodes online. (This may not seem like an "accomplishment" to some, but have you watched Invader Zim??)
7) I've almost finished reading The Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy to my daughter... just a few chapters left. It's been a great way to spend time together every night and I've enjoyed re-living this favorite book of mine through the fresh eyes of her youth!
8) I've gone to bed with all the dishes clean and a shiny kitchen sink EVERY night this week! Yay for routines and motivation, and YAY for having the kid's weekly chores set up so they each have 1 or 2 nights to help me do it!
9) I found time to meditate! Only once so far this week but it's a start! And it's only Thursday, after all!
10) I did yoga on my own, twice! My yoga teacher is in Romania for the next month, so classes are cancelled till the middle of September. I need to give myself the discipline and structure to continue practicing yoga even without the weekly class.
11) I confronted a friend about something that was bothering me. I'm usually a "don't rock the boat / avoid the drama" type of person, but at the same time I didn't want my feelings to fester or build up. So I let him know how I felt about a couple things that were irritating me. It may or may not have solved the problems (yet to be seen) but at least I let him know how I felt and didn't just hold my feelings in.
12) I joined some new groups on facebook and have been making some new online friends. I amfeeling drawn to connect with more people, especially other mothers. One of the oracle cards I drew for myself this week said "It's a Team Effort" and reminded me that working with others and learning from others is a wonderful thing!
13) And finally, the most important thing, and the thing I am most proud of; I got my website launched, set up several new pages, got some discussions going on with members, and really got the ball rolling on my recent inspiration! I am really so excited about the opportunities to help others that my website will bring me and the work I am doing there! This has been something on my mind for a few weeks and this week I finally took the steps to get it done and get the ball rolling!