Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mommy Time Monday - 8 of Cups Type of Day

Mommy Time Monday! Each week I'll draw and post a tarot card from The Housewives Tarot and share it with you. So go ahead, sit down and take some time for yourself, you never know what inspiration and advice The Housewives may have for you!

 Ever wake up and make yourself a pot of coffee, only to realize you don't have any clean coffee cups?  So before you can enjoy your morning cup of wake-up-and-be-human-juice, you have to search the house for cups and wash some dishes... just to get started on your day?  And then, as you're washing that cup... the dreaded sense of DejaVu.  Wait, didn't I just wash these same dishes yesterday?  It's an 8 of Cups type of day.

It's one of those moments when you realize (Painfully) that the system you currently have in place just isn't working anymore.  Something has to change, whether it's your routines, your attitude, or enlisting the kids and hubby to do the dishes once in awhile.... it's apparent that things need to be done a little differently.  When you reach this stalemate, it's important to remember that in order for any new system to take effect, you have to be willing to fully Let Go of that past system. 

It may be time for you to walk away from something in your life.  Because face it, it's just not working out.  It's not that these coffee cups didn't bring you joy (and steaming coffee) in the past... but if they are chipped, cracked, or stained and no longer bringing you joy (just the risk of E-Coli) then it's time to let them go.  Release yourself of this burden.

In my life right now, there are a few things that are just bringing me stress and honestly just not working out anymore.  For one, this summer vacation has been chaotic and completely without structure.  It was fun at first, the kids have enjoyed it.  But I'm getting frazzled with the house a complete mess, the kids living each day without structure.... it's not working out!  It's time for me to pick up the pieces and start adding some major structure to the day... including homework, studying, and chores for the kids.  After all, summer is half over, we might as well get back to living like civilized beings once again!

The other thing that's not working out is my job.  I have worked outside the home as a waitress for all of my adult life... and the past seven years have been with the same restaurant.  In the past, this business has helped me provide from my family in an environment that I enjoyed working in.  This hasn't been true for awhile.  I'm not happy, and I'm not making enough money any more either.  I have already started looking for another job, but I have been frustrated with the lack of responses to my applications and interviews.  This week I was thinking... my attachment to my current job may be part of what is holding me back.  I have to really LET GO, and cut the cords (energetically, etherically, and physically) in order to free myself to go find the next thing that awaits me.  I don't know what that might be, and it's a little scary.  But until I am ready to really let go, I'll just be holding myself back.  This card reminded me that sometimes, no matter how much we have loved or enjoyed something, if it's not serving us anymore, we have to let it go.... but that WE have to be the ones willing to change if we ever want something to improve.

Do you have something in your life that just isn't working anymore?  Is it your job, your routine, a household appliance, a friendship, or even just a bag of clothes in the closet that is never going to fit you again?  If something brings you stress, it may just be time to walk away.  Free yourself.  It might just be incredibly liberating!

No comments:

Post a Comment