Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ascended Masters - Confucius & Jesus

Tonite, after an exhausting yet gratifying birthday party for my son and husband, the kids are in bed, the kitchen is a mess, and all is quiet. All,that is, except for my spirit. I feel restless, ill-at-ease, as if I pressure is building in the very atmosphere around me. It could be the stress of my current life; my financial state is looking very grim right now. I am trying to stay positive and release my worries, but it is hard with this crushing feeling pushing in around me from all sides. I am in desperate need of some energy cleansing, and have already decided that I will be taking a bath and doing some yoga before bed tonite. Yet I felt like I needed to do something more, and more than that, I felt the need to blog. But what to write about? So I pulled out a deck of Oracle cards to draw one card for a thought for the week. As I shuffled the "Angel Therapy Oracle Cards" (Doreen Virtue, Hay House) I asked my Spirit Guide to give me a card that would guide me an help me find peace during this time of uncertainty.....

"Ascended Masters" ~ Powerful, loving, and wise spiritual teachers are watching over you and guiding you."

From the guidebook by Doreen Virtue; "This card indicates that you have a strong connection with one or more ascended masters , who are helping you with the situation you've inquired about. Ascended Masters are powerful teachers and healers who once walked the earth. Many are associated with religions such as Jesus, Quan Yin, the saints, Moses, Mother Mary, Ganesha, Buddha, Confucius, and so forth. You don't have to be a religious person to warrant an Ascended Master's attention. The only qualification is sincerity and pure desire to work with the deity for the betterment of humanity and the planet. The first Ascended Master or Masters who enter your thoughts right now are the beings who are helping you. These masters love and honor you. They know of your talents and spiritual gifts, and they'll help you hone them so they may be used in sacred service."

The first Ascended Master to pop into my mind was Confucius. I get a daily quote of his on my iGoogle page, and I find these simple quotes very inspiring. But then I realized, if I was being totally honest with myself, the first Ascended Master to pop into my mind tonite was Jesus. I at first tried to deny this; too many years of "bad blood" between me and Christianity. I started looking up Confucius quotes but that sinking feeling was still here. Then I realized, this card is talking about The Ascended Masters, and their teachings, not the dogmatic rules of the man-made religions that crudely represent them. I have no problem with Jesus himself, and his teachings, but I tend to distance myself from his Archetype because of a personal problem with the Fundies. *Sigh* So I typed in a search for Jesus Quotes and this is the first one I came across;

"Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."(
Matthew 6.31-34 ESV)

I immediately knew that this is the message I was intended to hear tonite. I am smiling again, because two things have happened for me tonite. First, I have been reminded that the God and Goddess are with me, that my worry and anxiety do nothing to solve the problem, and that "Tomorrow will be anxious for itself".... what will be will be, Que Sera, Sera! Putting my energy towards Spiritual enlightenment, rather than worldly worry will bring the resolutions I seek. Second, I have finally been able to separate "Jesus The Ascended Master" from the "Jesus of the Insane Baptist Church of my Youth." Perhaps I can begin to develop a relationship with him again, after all?

Once I mentally digested this little nugget, I could still hear the quiet nudge from Confucius, tapping my shoulder. I could just picture Jesus and Confucius standing behind me, patiently waiting for me to "get it". So I did another random search (what would the world be without Internet search engines?), this time for Confucius Quotes. I found two that seemed to go along with the other;

"With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow - I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud."

&

"The scholar who cherishes the love of comfort is not fit to be deemed a scholar."

~ Confucius, The Confucian Analects

No comments:

Post a Comment