Monday, October 12, 2009

an excuse for my absence

yes, I have an excuse... a rather good one too! I even have a doctor's note!

After "The Week of The Virus" (previous post), my family was struck again, by another virus! This time it wasn't a 24 hour bug, it was the Flu. All those lovely flu symptoms of fever, body aches, sore throat, stuffy or runny nose, and a cough. The girls each missed 4 days of school, all of us were pretty useless for most of the week. Then, to top it off, as everyone else was getting better I noticed that I had a couple symptoms that were not going away. In fact, my cough and sinus pressure were just getting worse! While the "Flu" like symptoms were gone, I finally had to admit that I needed a Dr.s intervention; antibiotics were definatley in order! A dr. confirmed my fears - the crud from the flu had settled in my chest and sinuses, leading to not one,but TWO infections; a Sinus Infection AND Bronchitis!
So I'm on day TWO of the three day Z-pack antibiotics, but still in recovery. It might be a few days before I recover more fully, after all, I have been sick for about 2 weeks! I want to be better, but I'm not pushing it yet! Sorry there haven't been more blogs, I will try to get back into blogging very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment