Sunday, November 22, 2009

Josephine’s Tarot Journal, Nov. 21 - Three of Cups

The three of cups is a positive card. It often represents exuberance, community, friendship, high spirits, family, celebration of teamwork and a common goal. I feel like today, this card is reminding me to celebrate the small victories. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the stress of everything in my life right now. We still don’t know 100% about the house, we are beyond broke, and the stress just makes every little thing seem so hard. But today was a good day. Despite the stress and drama at work, it was a good day at home with the kids. I need to be reminded sometimes to celebrate and rejoice in the fact that I have a wonderful and amazing family. And life will get better. I know it will. In the meantime we just need to focus on working together as a family, not only in working towards our goals, but also in helping each other feel uplifted and celebrated.

I have had many victories in my life, but they are so often overlooked. With Thanksgiving coming up next week I think it is important to make myself find time to have gratitude for everything in my life. I should be grateful all the time, not just at Thanksgiving! I think we tend to find it much easier to be grateful when things are going well, and much harder to be grateful when life is full of conflict. But the conflict and stress should just make us that much more thankful!!

There was a game I saw on a website, called “The Gratitude Game”, in which people worked together to find gratitude in things that you normally wouldn’t be grateful for. The game went like this;
1st person - I am grateful for my old vacuum cleaner, which doesn’t work very well.”
2nd person - You are grateful for that old vacuum cleaner, because it means you have a floor to clean, which means you have a home!!! I am thankful for my job, even though I only work 2 days a week.
3rd person - You are grateful for your part time job because it brings you income and you still have time to spend with your family and doing the things you love! I am thankful for the leaky pipe under my bathroom sink!
…. And it goes on like that. You would say you’re grateful for something you wouldn’t normally think to be thankful for, and then the next person helps point out why it’s a blessing and then they post their own. It helps to put things in perspective and be thankful for those little things that we think are nuisances or bothers.. When we begin to see everything in a light of gratitude, we find we have so much more to celebrate.
What am I grateful for?
I am grateful for my aching back. My back hurts because I was at work all day and I made money to bless my family with groceries! I am thankful for the drama at work, because it makes me realize how blissful and happy my home life really is. I am thankful for my kids’ bickering and arguing, because they are full of life and healthy and learning how to cope with social situations by interacting with their siblings! I am thankful for the dirty dishes, because it means that we had food in the house for eating! I am thankful for the dirty laundry, because it means that my family has clothes to wear and places to go to get that laundry dirty - like work or school! I am thankful that it is late and I am tired, because it means another day full of blessings has passed and I will soon be sleeping and getting my rest! I am thankful for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment