Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Random Act of Kindness # 1

It was recently brought to my attention that over at a blog I follow, Domestic Witch has started a "Random Acts of Kindness Campaign" for the month of March! I wish I had found out about it sooner, but it's only the 3rd so I am jumping in!
The Challenge; Random Acts of Kindness. If you look for them there are opportunities all around you, random moments when kindness can happen. I think this campaign is a really great idea, it reminds us to be mindful and watch for these moments, and then act on them, as we try and complete as many Random Acts of Kindness as we can during the month of May. If you're interested in joining us, click the icon at the bottom of this post!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Act of Kindness #1
There are some kids that live around the block who com and play with my kids after school. A girl and a boy, and from what I understand, there have 3 more siblings at home. They are being raised by thier mother, and I'm not sure what the situation is with their father. None of my business, really. These are the type of kids, you can tell they are poor. I mean, heck, I'm poor, but I feel like taking these kids under my wing... I can just feel and see that their family is probably worse off than mine when it comes to some things. If I have enough, I will give them snacks and drinks while they are here....
Anyways, today while they were playing in the back yard, I went out to see how they were all doing and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Princess A's pink tricycle sitting by the fence. It's been sitting there for a month or more, untouched. She outgrew it a long time ago. So I asked the children, you have a little sister, right? "Yeah, she is 3" Hmm. Princess A, you don't need this bike anymore do you? "No, I'm too big now." Bingo.
When the two neighbor children left to go home, they carried with them a pink tricycle for their little sister, whom I have never met. But I'm sure she is happy with her 'new' bike.




2 comments: