Monday, January 24, 2011

Mommy Time Monday - 2 of Pentacles

Mommy-Time Monday!
Housewives' Card of the Week
2 of Pentacles


I thought I'd start something new and every Monday draw a card from my Housewives Tarot deck for some good housewife/mommy type advice for the week ahead. I might not get around to posting every Monday, we'll see how it goes. But just like with my Tuesday's Oracle posts, these cards are not just for me, but for anyone who might come across them!

This week's card is the Two of Pentacles.
From the guidebook by Jude Buffum and Paul Kepple;
Keywords - Balance, Responsibilities, Pressure
"Like juggling priceless porcelain plates, balancing the responsibilities of a housewife and the pressures of a business takes grace and determination. The Two of Pentacles is about maintaining a balance, even when you've got a snot-nosed brat tugging at your right leg and a belligerent cocker spaniel chewing on your left. Don't despair, the babysitter will be here at five o'clock sharp!"

Boy do I know what it's like to be trying to balance so many aspects of your life!! Last week it all got to me, or should I say, Clinical Depression and PMS got to me, and I couldn't keep the balance. I slacked off on my housework, my mommy duties, and even my self-care and spent most of the week either sleeping or reading. This week I'm ready to try and get my house, and life, back in balance! This card is a good reminder that I need Grace and Determination to manage a household, but I also need to keep MYSELF in balance. The housewife on this card is still dressed fashionably, and seems to have a style of her own... she hasn't let her duties stop her from taking the time to express herself. (On another note, her hair is red, and I just dyed my hair red last week!!) So while it may be tempting to jump all gung-ho into the housework, getting organized, balancing the checkbook, printing coupons, etc... let's not forget to do it all with our own personal style and grace, and take the time for our personal life as well. Like the housewife on this card, do it with a smile, dance, laugh!

The Housewives' Tarot, by Paul Kepple and Jude Buffum, Quirk Publications

-------------------------------------------------

Journaling questions for the Two of Pentacles (from Mary K. Greer's "Tarot For Yourself")
* What two or more situations are you handling with ease?
* What are you adapting to?
* What do you want to change in your home, profession, status, finances, etc?
* What are you juggling in order to keep stable (money, weight, lifestyle)?
* In what ways do you play and use your excess energies?
* What calls for diplomacy? (And Grace?) (Or determination?)

No comments:

Post a Comment