Today is Day 25 of the BabySteps! So far we have developed a few simple habits of things to do on a daily basis; in the form of simple morning & evening routines. Our goal is to make these routines a habit... if we do them consistently enough then they just become second nature!
- Make Your Bed!
- Get up and get dressed to lace-up shoes; fixing your hair and face
- Swish and Swipe
- Look at your posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Recognize the negative voices and change them. Remember, you are FLYing now!
- Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes
- Check Your Laundry
- Five-minute Room Rescue (pick any room in the house). Set your timer and go!
- Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!
- Check Kid's Backpacks for Flyers, News, Homework, etc.
- Homework Time
- Guide kids to do their daily chores
- Check Hot Spots again
- See more ideas for building your Afternoon Routine Here!
- Keep your sink shining
- Check Your Laundry
- Lay out your clothes for tomorrow
- Put out your Hot Spot. It will make you happy in the morning!
- Go to bed at a decent hour! Set a bedtime and stick with it!
"You have only been doing your routines for 25 days now, and we are so proud of you. Keep in mind that you are not ever going to be perfect, and we don’t expect you to be. In fact we don’t even like that “P” word.
Right now you have your routines written down in your Control Journal. It will help you to practice them each day. These habits are not automatic yet, so you are still going to have to use your Control Journal, sticky notes, and our reminders to help you establish your habits. Another tool you have is your calendar and stickers. We love giving ourselves a sticker when we are establishing a habit!
A lot has been thrown at you in the last 25 days, but don’t give up now. Every time you do your routine, you are one step closer to developing your habit and running on automatic pilot. Today, read FlyLady’s personal testimonial on how she started developing her routines one habit at a time. Just so you know, it took her several months to do this; nobody expects you to have your routines accomplished in just one month of BabySteps! Be nice to yourself and don’t beat yourself up. Your consistent BabySteps will get you there.
Now go give yourself a gold star for doing your Morning Routine!"
Read FlyLady's Personal Testimonial!