Today is Day 15 of the BabySteps! So far we have developed a few simple habits of things to do on a daily basis; in the form of simple morning & evening routines. Our goal is to make these routines a habit... if we do them consistently enough then they just become second nature!
- Make Your Bed!
- Get up and get dressed to lace-up shoes; fixing your hair and face
- Look at your posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Recognize the negative voices and change them. Remember, you are FLYing now!
- Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes
- Five-minute Room Rescue (pick any room in the house). Set your timer and go!
- Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!
- Keep your sink shining
- Lay out your clothes for tomorrow
- Put out your Hot Spot. It will make you happy in the morning!
Today's New BabyStep is to add "Make Your Bed" to your morning Routine. When our bed is made, we feel like our day is officially beginning! It reduces the temptation to just crawl back under the covers, and it makes the bed that much more welcoming at bedtime when we are done with our day and ready to go to sleep!
When I make my bed, I like to say a little blessing prayer for the day. I feel like when I make my bed, I am turning the page to a brand new day. I am saying "yesterday is over." and preparing to start a new day. Each day is a blank page, a fresh start in writing our story! Making the bed doesn't take long, but I love to take those few moments to take a deep breath, turn the page from yesterday to today, and say a blessing for the day ahead of me!
In ancient yogic traditions, as well as Buddhist teachings, we find a practice called "Mindfulness". It's about being fully aware of what you are doing in the present moment. Being aware of your actions, your feelings, and your intentions. Making your bed is a good place to start with practicing a few minutes a day of Mindful Awareness, and of Devoting some time to your Spiritual Practice.