Wednesdays are "Anti-Procrastination Day", and whenever I finish the daily chores, it's time to pick a project or two that I have been putting off and get it done!! Whether it be a chore that I missed during the week, a trip to the store, phone calls or bill paying, or a decluttering or organizing project that always seems to get put off, today is the day I should try to get some of it done!
I LOVE how I feel when I get stuff done that I have been putting off! It makes me feel so.... LIBERATED!! It really takes a weight off my back, puts some skip in my step, and just makes me feel happy and proud! I can be a really bad procrastinator! (Enter my Personality Card; 0 The Fool) I often can get swept up in the moment, forget things, and then not get back to them later. Sometimes I get so exited about whatever adventure I'm currently on, that I neglect to take care of the details. Or I will feel like it's "too big a job", get overwhelmed and frustrated an not do it at all!!
So, I'm making a List (yes, I LOVE making lists, LOL!) of the possible projects I can undertake on Anti-Procrastination Day from now on, and hope that this blog will be here to remind me that getting this stuff done not only blesses my home & family, but gives me some inner peace!! As I get stuff done I'll even come back and edit this post to mark stuff off so I can see my progress!
ANTI-PROCRASTINATION DAY IDEAS
- Catch up on Zone Work; Decluttering, Missions, or Detailing for the week
- Do any chores I might have missed thru the week
- Work on my Control Journal
- Pay Bills / Banking
- work on my Budget
- Pick up necessities at the store
- Declutter Paper Work - Go thru the bag of papers & mail in the bedroom
- Declutter the File Cabinet
- Declutter / organize the "Junk Drawer" in my dresser
- Go thru my clothes in the Dresser, organize, fling, etc.
- Go thru my clothes in the Closet, organize, fling, etc.
- Declutter / Clean under the bed
- Declutter / Organize the Kid's Clothes (Dressers)
- Organize the stuff in the hide-away under my Altar
- Organize / declutter the small wire shelf in Bedroom
- Organize the Closet (my side)
- Organize the Closet (hubby's side)
- Clean & Declutter bedside table (hubby's side of bed)
- Paper Clutter & organizing the Computer Desk
- Decluttering / Organizing the Patio
- Wash Crayon off a wall (pick a wall - any wall!)
- Empty e-mail (delete old e-mails
- Empty Voice Mail (listen to & delete old e-mails
- Make important phone calls
P.S. - For today's Anti-Procrastination Day, I finished my Zone Work for the week (Front Entrance/Dining Room), AND I went thru the Girl's Sock & Underwear drawers, which had become a huge mess - this involved getting rid of 16 pairs of old underwear, 40 old socks, and separating the girl's socks & panties into their own separate dressers! Whew! I feel so accomplished!