Air Element Study: Lesson 2
Air Purification (Household Magick)
Here are some methods for purifying the Air within your home!
Fresh Air Spell
"This spell is to create a room-cleansing mist to cleanse a space of negative energy and create a positive atmosphere. Make a "tea bag" by adding equal parts rosemary and sage to a piece of cheesecloth. Tie the bag and toss it into water that is just at the brink of boiling. Allow this infusion to steep until it's partially cooled. Remove the cheesecloth bag and pour the mixture into a clean spray bottle. Add a few drops of peppermint and orange essential oil, a sprig of dill, and a pinch of sea salt. Place the bottle on your altar or table and allow it to cool completely. If you wish, make a circle of quartz crystals around it and focus your intent on specific issues you wish to manifest. Spray the mixture into the air of any room you would like to freshen with positive energy."
Note from Tarot Mom; To make this spell into a more Air Energy type of spell, place it on your Air Altar before use, light your Air Element Candle, place the Ace of Swords next the the bottle with the crystals, and say a prayer asking the water mixture to be blessed with the energy of fresh Air; and focus your intent on creating positive space that allows clear thinking, learning, and communication. For an extra Air Energy boost, ring a bell as you spray the room.
Air Purifying Household Plants
Some wonderful plants to keep around your home, they will suck up large amounts of carbon dioxide and other toxities in the air and put out nice big bursts of Oxygen purifying the air.
1. Bamboo Palm According to NASA, it removes formaldehyde and is also said to act as a natural humidifier.
2. Snake Plant Found by NASA to absorb nitrogen oxides and formaldehyde.
3. Areca Palm One of the best air purifying plants for general air cleanliness.
4. Spider Plant Great indoor plant for removing carbon monoxide and other toxins or impurities. Spider plants are one of three plants NASA deems best at removing formaldehyde from the air.
5. Peace Lily Peace lilies could be called the clean all. They're often placed in bathrooms or laundry rooms because they're known for removing mold spores. Also know to remove formaldehyde and trichloroethylene.
6. Gerbera Daisy Not only do these gorgeous flowers remove benzene from the air, they're known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen over night. So make great bedroom plants.
~ From "Wicca Teachings" on FaceBook
Himalayan Salt Lamps
Scientific studies have shown that rock salt lamps can increase the negative ion count by up to 300% and excessive negative ions are essential for a positive mood and high energy. When warmed by the globe the rock salt generates a stream of negative ions which improves the air quality.
They remove odors from the air naturally, creating a pleasant atmosphere.
Televisions, radios, computers, microwaves, transmitters all produce positive ions. Placing a Rock Salt Lamp nearby produces the negative ions required for good health. Using one at work will help to make you feel more energized.
Working under bright artificial light can make you feel tired, however the negative ions created by your lamp, balance this energy making you fell rejuvenated and energized.
Also beneficial for people effected by arthritis, asthma, stress, insomnia, aches, fatigue, tiredness, migraines, headaches, hormonal imbalance, attention deficit disorder and poor concentration.
It is safe and beneficial to leave your lamp on at all times.
Care of your lamp:
To clean your lamp just wipe gently with a damp cloth. Do not use a soaking cloth as this will begin to dissolve it.
If you live in a humid area place your lamp in a plastic bag when it is turned off so it will not absorb the moisture in the air.