Saturday, April 13, 2013

Air Quality Control Bath / Aura Cleanse Bath (for detoxification)

These are two homeopathic bath remedies designed to help detoxify the body and skin, and I thought they would be perfect for this week because of our message from the Fairies urging us to Detoxify.  (see yesterday's post).

Air-Quality Control Bath and Face Mask
to heal the effects of air pollution and smog to our faces and skin.
Mask: 2 tbsp. powdered brewer's yeast, 3 tbsp. warm water
mix until smooth and apply to face and neck in gentle upward strokes.  For acne, add 4 drops of Tea-Tree Oil.
Bath: Fill bathtub with hot water, add 2 cups of Epsom salt and 5 drops each of Lavender oil and chamomile oil.. 
Leave the face mask on for 15 - 30 minutes while relaxing in the bath.  Afterwards, rinse face with cool water.

Yogi's Aura-Cleanse Bath
a powerful chemical detox and spiritual/auric cleanser.
Bath: 1 lb. Baking Soda, 1/2 lb sea salt or coarse kosher salt.  Dissolve all ingredients in a bathtub full of hot water, soak for 20 to 30 minutes in the tub.  Rinse your body with lukewarm to cool water after the bath.
For added spiritual and auric cleansing, you may choose to place several clear quartz crystals in the water with you, or around the edges of the tub.  Light several white candles around the bathroom.  Burn incense while you bathe; preferably Sage, Sandalwood, or Dragon's Blood.  You may also want to listen to some relaxing meditation music or a meditation cd.  (I would suggest the Chakra Clearing CD by Doreen Virtue)

These bath detoxification's were not written by me, but they have been paraphrased and are not quoted directly from the source.  I copied them down from a copy of a friend's book several years ago and while the recipe is exact, I may have added some of my own suggestions.  The book that I originally got the recipes from was called "Water Magic: Healing Bath Recipes for the Body, Spirit, and Soul", by Mary Muryn.  From what I recall, it was a wonderful book and I hope to someday own my own copy!  When we study the water element, I will describe more about magickal baths.... and although this may seem like Water Magick, I am including these in our Air Element study because of their powerful detoxification qualities and the fact that they help cleanse our bodies and skin of toxins we may encounter in polluted air.  And also, because of yesterday's Fairie message about detoxification, of course!!

In my Book of Shadows I also found this Detoxifying tea recipe, though I don't remember where I found it.

Body Cleansing Tea
to promote the immune system, for clear skin, and to remove toxins from the body.
3 tsp. chopped nettle leaves
1 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. lavender flowers
juice of 1/2 a lemon
Boil in one cup of water, allow to cool to drinking temperature, enjoy!

1 comment: